Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our Royal Visit... Jelly fish, red earth and public urination.

Ok, not exactly Royal but this past August My Avalon and I had a chance to get away to Prince Edward Island and we sure felt like Royalty.

I was always told this is a magical place and since I am the kind of gal to find out for myself we jetted off on a Monday morning for a 2 night stay in Charlottetown, PEI.

Tired and hungry we spent our first night wondering the city for local fare without the seafood ( did I mention we are vegetarians? ) and wondered back to the hotel full on potato burgers and happy as a pair of clams.

After packing a picnic and loading up the rental car we set out on our world wind island adventure.  First stop?  Why a toy store of course... In my online research I came across The Toy Factory in a pretty little village called New Glasgow smack dab in the middle of the island.  What a special treat for a little girl!!
He makes wooden toys by hand in this little shop, well worth the drive.

Heading North I decided it was time to see a classic and show my dear daughter Anne of Green Gables.  Oh the excitement! Oh the anticipation!
Quick Lesson: 3 year olds don't know or care who Anne is nor do they want to see where she would have slept.
After pay an outrageous fee and spending exactly 17 minutes on the property my 3 year old pee'd on Anne of Green Gables back porch.  Yah......you read that right.  She pee'd a huge puddle on a National Landmark.  

That gem was followed by a quick escape and onto bigger and better things.
More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment